If your business sells a product and you do not have an eCommerce website, you are leaving revenue on the table. Calls from potential eCommerce Clients typically express concern about COST and PAYMENT SECURITY.
Internet technology has evolved leaps and bounds over the past couple of years. You'll still find a few web designers that will develop an eCommerce site by coding the shopping cart and payment system manually, but for the most part, CMS based solutions are taking over. Today's technology allows a seamless integration of modules. This saves you - the Client - time and money. The added benefit is that you have the piece of mind that your website shopping cart is certified by your Banks merchant account provider.
Most eCommerce solutions include a customer database which integrates into your email marketing and customer loyalty systems. By using a CMS based hosting platform for your eCommerce website, you can manage the content of your website yourself, if you choose.
When you are ready to hire a Firm to design and develop your eCommerce website, be sure to consider these 6 things:
- Flexibly - Can you update the products, prices, descriptions and images in your website yourself at the time you choose?
- Marketability - Customers need to find your shop. Can you get advice and help with implementing targeted and accountable solutions to bring you new business?
- Security - Do they employ the industry standard SSL technology to safeguard your customer information and payments?
- Professionalism - Do they take the time to consult with you on implementing your brand image throughout your site? Have they worked with a number of companies across a wide range of industries?
- Reliability - Where is the website hosted and who supports you?